News & Events - News
SEAVIEW HIGH SCHOOL OPEN DAY
Wednesday 25 March 2020 from 5.00pm to 7.30pm
Principal addresses at 6pm & 7pm in the gym
Guided tours by booking ONLY via link on front page of website (link will open on Monday 2 March 2020):
Option A - Guided tour 5 - 5.45pm ⇒ Principal's Address 6pm ⇒ Optional Special Interest programs talk 6.45pm
Option B - Special Interest programs talk 5.15pm ⇒ Guided tour 6 - 6.45pm ⇒ Principal's Address 7pm
Self-guided tours at any stage, with the option of attending one of the Principal's addresses and/or Special Interest programs talks, as above.
17 February 2020
The Department for Education has asked us to distribute this update on the coronavirus (COVID-19) so that your service or school can update parents/caregivers:
I would like to update you on the situation regarding coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and the current Federal Government health advice that we are following.
This week the Federal Government announced it will extend the travel ban on foreign nationals who have recently been in mainland China for a further week from 15 February 2020 to protect Australians from the risk of coronavirus.
Restrictions remain in place for people who have recently returned to Australia from mainland China, with the following advice current across all schools, preschools and early childhood services:
In the following scenarios you cannot attend school, preschool or an early childhood service:
· If you have left, or transited through, mainland China—you must isolate yourself until 14 days after leaving China.
· If you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of novel coronavirus—you must isolate yourself for 14 days after last contact with the confirmed case.
In the following scenarios your child can attend school, preschool or an early childhood service:
· Children, students and staff who have returned from mainland China and have isolated themselves for 14 days after leaving China.
· Children, students and staff who have only been to Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan.
More information on the current advice can be found at the Department for Health website.
The Department of Health has also issued the following advice in relation to preventing the spread of viruses:
· Teach and encourage your children to wash their hands often with soap and water before and after eating as well as after going to the toilet.
· Avoid spreading infections to others by keeping children home if they are unwell.
· Teach children to cough and sneeze into their elbow.
If you have any questions about coronavirus disease, you are encouraged to contact the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
Want to know what is going on at Seaview?..
Like us on Facebook for constant, to the minute updates on what's happening at Seaview!