Family Information - Digital Learning
Digital Learners at Seaview High School
Seaview is an innovative, personalised and safe school that delivers relevant curriculum and promotes rigour, relationships and lifelong learning.
The Digital Learning program for all students enables change in teaching practices to engage students with the curriculum. The program provides a vehicle for a personalised approach to learning, and supports a constructivist approach to creating curriculum.
In keeping with the National Educational Goals for Young Australians, we aim to promote and to lead world's best practice for curriculum delivery and assessment and improve the educational outcomes for all students.
Current research suggests that the interactivity of tablets is ideally suited to Middle School students. Consequently, the Digital Learning Program includes the use of iPads at Year 8 and 9, and a selection of preferred laptops for students in Years 10 to 12. The program is Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program, which means the iPad and laptop are purchased by the parent/caregiver and belongs to the students from the outset. Seaview has identified a range of recommended devices that will best support quality teaching and learning, and has established a purchasing portal with highly competitive prices.
The minimum requirements of the iPads are as follows:
- Must be the student's own iPad (not a family shared device)
- Must have a lightening charger (not a 30 pin charger)
- Currently able to run iOS 12 or later
- If older or secondhand must be an iPad Air (no older than 3 years), iPad 5th Gen or iPad 6th Gen
- If new, then an iPad / iPad Air 10.5
- Please be aware that a 32GB iPad restricts students' storage capacity and requires detailed storage management
Online Purchasing Portal:
Tips for Supporting Your Child with Mobile Devices
iPad Information Booklet
iPad User Agreement